Greetings from Gypsum, Colorado! Here are some tidbits from the road back to Kansas:
- Photos of Rex's hike to Angel's Landing in Zion National Park are now up.
- We caught some ZZZs last night at a rest area at the junction of Hwy 191 and Interstate I-70, 30 miles north of Moab.
- We were on the road again today by 6 a.m.
- Saw a golden eagle not far down the road.
- Found the Colorado River to be VERY high from at least Fruita to Dotsero, where the interstate follows the big red river. Photos below.
- The amazing Glenwood Springs bike trail is closed from No Name to Dotsero. We could see that the path is under at least five feet of water in places. I don't know how much higher the river must be to warrant closing the equally amazing I-70 in this area, but it certainly looks like a possibility to my untrained eyes.